FreeBASIC Nibbles.. IS OUT!

User contributed sources that have become inactive, deprecated, or generally unusable. But ... we don't really want to throw them away either.
Lithium

FreeBASIC Nibbles.. IS OUT!

Post by Lithium »

Sorry, I said I would post in the other thread, but this is just to exciting.

http://lithium.vectec.net/downloads.php#FBNibbles.zip

Ok, that's the link... and..

Those are the screenshots!

Like I said in the downloads page on my site.. Any constructive comments/criticism will be met with 75% glee. Or a 75% chance there of. (The other 25% can be accounted for by paranoia)

This is the first version, so it's not final.. There is a feature or two and a detial or two left out, but soon enough.. soon enough..
Last edited by Lithium on Mar 09, 2008 23:46, edited 1 time in total.
Conexion

Post by Conexion »

You know, I had a perfect game up until Level X. Bastard :D

Very fun, great for killing time, and great graphic work! I must say this is the most enjoyable snake game I've played in a long time. Fun 'music'... Simple and addicting. Couldn't find anything wrong with it either... maybe I'm not being critical enough, but hey, why should I be? ((... I mean, it's not my game.. ))...err, hah, jk. Great work! My only little suggestion may be that slight overlap '3D' effect kind of throws you off a bit when you're starting out.
badmrbox

Post by badmrbox »

Ah, the nostalgia. Runs great here.
Lachie Dazdarian

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

I'm not sure if I should comment, because I know my comments how OpenGL programs crawl on my PC annoy some people....for some reason.

But yeah, completely unplayable on my PC (Pentium III 866 Mhz - which is completely irrelevant and ATI 3D Rage Pro). Which is nice. I can run Quake, but...I can't run a simple nibbles game.

Anyway, can't comment the game much. Except that the gfx is rather basic and the gameplay...seems that way too. Any additions to the classic nibbles gameplay?
HD_

Post by HD_ »

I only get 4-5fps for some reason :S
Lithium

Post by Lithium »

C'mon... Why do so many computers handle such simple opengl rendering like crap? This is ridiculous. Just when you think you're safe..

But yeah, I spent 12 hours on this.. I just tried to remake nibbles, and add a little pizzaz.. If it's too slow, or you don't like it, ah well. I'm pleased with myself, anyway.
KristopherWindsor

Post by KristopherWindsor »

The animations outside of the game look good, and the snake reminds me of the progress bar while streaming music. :-)
BTW, my seven-year-old brother got to level 5 in his first game. ;-)
Conexion

Post by Conexion »

Lachie Dazdarian wrote:Anyway, can't comment the game much. Except that the gfx is rather basic
While I do have to agree I thought it looked very basic graphic-wise, when I started playing it the animations do it much more justice. It isn't Squaresoft/Enix... but it sure is better than the screen-shots show.
Lachie Dazdarian

Hmm...I missed the point that this supposed to be a FB version of QB Nibbles. My mistake.

Still, I wish you coded an alternative FBGFX version.

Anyway, lemme know when you have a version ready to be rated for FBGD.
Lachie Dazdarian

Final version comming along?
Lithium

Post by Lithium »

Yeah, I'm doing some work-homework at the moment, I just have one more feature to implement in FB Nibbles.. P.S. Sorry, but it would take too much time too make a non-OGL version.
Lachie Dazdarian

NP.

I'm just asking because of a FBGD update I'm preparing for the next weekend.
Lithium

Post by Lithium »

Allrighty. I'm finished.

(Same url)
anonymous1337

Post by anonymous1337 »

Very fun snakes game! :D
williamsharkey

Post by williamsharkey »

Is there any other good Microsoft software?