I updated my site with the final version of Mighty Line...

Game development specific discussions.
Lachie Dazdarian

I updated my site with the final version of Mighty Line...

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

I update my site with the final (hopefully) version of Mighty Line. If you haven't played it before, it's a semi-abstract single-screen shooter made for the ciw1973's competition.

http://lachie.phatcode.net/mightyline.php

Version changes include different "ball though" the hole scoring (now you need to destroy the purple tagged ball for super bonus), two new music tracks (lose/win game), increase of difficulty, increase of main weapon fire ratio, and few bug fixes.

Other site updates include new tutorial in the articles section, and a version of custom font printing routines compatible in FreeBASIC ver.0.17b/0.18b.
notthecheatr

Post by notthecheatr »

Looks cool, I'll try it out tomorrow...
Red

Post by Red »

Ahh, there it is.. I was looking for that one. Certainly harder to get a top score now. Great job. I really like this game. :)
notthecheatr

Post by notthecheatr »

Hey Lachie, were those high scores actually made by someone or did you just hack those in? :D

I got on the very lowest score today... gonna try for more though.
Lachie Dazdarian

Well, they were "hacked in", as you say it, but that's a standard procedure with me. I did not invent it. I saw rounded, pre-inputted scores in zillion other games.

Anyway, while playing the game I made on two occasions scores above 70 000, one of which was above 75 000, and I thought 80 000 was challenging enough, definitely beatable.
SSC

Post by SSC »

My highest score was 99105, Just short of getting first =( lol
Lachie Dazdarian

Erm, in think you played the old version. In this one the top score is 80 000, and no automatic super bonus for letting a ball through the hole.
SSC

Post by SSC »

Hmm, the top score on this one is 100k but I don't get a super bonus for the balls going through the hold, so maybe I have some inbetween version heh.
Lachie Dazdarian

You obviously have the compo version. Anyway, the point of this thread was to POINT people to the latest version.

I need to brush up my PR.

Anyway, in the compo version you got 1000 points and more when a ball passed through the line hole, while in the final version you get this high bonus only when you destroy the ball that has passed through the line hole (called tagged ball).