FBIde - still alive

User contributed sources that have become inactive, deprecated, or generally unusable. But ... we don't really want to throw them away either.
VonGodric

Post by VonGodric »

the best place to look for updates is the SVN tree: http://fbide.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc ... /fbide-wx/

I have been incredibly busy with work past few months so I have not have had much free time to spare... But hopefully things will quiet down soon enough and I can resume work on the project :)
Landeel

Post by Landeel »

I couldn't compile it for Linux. Is it possible?
VonGodric

Post by VonGodric »

I think the makefile might be out-of-date.

I myself use code::blocks IDE. get, compile and install latest wxWidgets then get and compile CodeBlocks IDE. Then open fbide inside it. You will need to set few global variables, but it should be simple enough. And then you good to go.
Galeon

Post by Galeon »

any update? can't wait for the release...
VonGodric

Post by VonGodric »

you and me both :D no updates at the moment. Boot soon hopefully :P
Galeon

Post by Galeon »

i really like fb's ides (which includes fbide), i found a lot of features in 0.4.7 compared to 0.4.6
agamemnus

Post by agamemnus »

I don't remember if I mentioned this, and someone else might have, but three things:

* FBIde basically hangs on the second time it asks me to pick a command from a disambiguation screen (EG: PUT) !!!this is a MUST FIX!!!

* It would be nice to be able to set up settings via comments in the bas file.

* Together with the previous thing, I'd love to be able to set a switch (in the comments too) that will set the path to either local, opened-from, or compiler path for each opened file. (Included files should be by default compiler-path unless they're in the same directory or a child directory of the main file)
Roger Hunter

Post by Roger Hunter »

The feature I most miss is a split screen mode, horizontal or vertical.

Currently I'm translating programs from TrueBasic to FreeBasic and it's very helpful to see both at once.

Roger
Galeon

Post by Galeon »

May you give us anything, even a release candidate?
VonGodric

Post by VonGodric »

soon
VonGodric

Post by VonGodric »

I thought I'd post a new screenshot...

Basically this shows how you can do some crazy views with several open documents. But also is that any current document (file) can be split into multiple synchronous views. For example you keep an eye on some part of the document (for lookup) while editing something somewhere else. Fbide is going to support upto 4 simultaneous views.
VonGodric

Post by VonGodric »

Another screen shot about decoupling of documents

For all the very wide or multi monitor setup scenarios. Basically decouple any tab into its own window and put back again.
phishguy

Post by phishguy »

Slick! I've been waiting oh so long for your next release. I still prefer FBIDE as my editor of choice.
Galeon

Post by Galeon »

I'm still waiting for FbIde, since I cannot use JellyFB nor FbEdit in Linux (doesn't work nicely in Wine).
BasicScience

Post by BasicScience »

Multiview will be a very useful addition.

I, too, look forward to the next roll-out of FBIde... still the preferred IDE by far for FB.