IguanaCMS goes further

User contributed sources that have become inactive, deprecated, or generally unusable. But ... we don't really want to throw them away either.
Julcar

IguanaCMS goes further

Post by Julcar »

Hi all,

After some time of inactivity on this project, there are two months of active development and the improvements are huge!

First of all let me show you a quick introduction to the spirit of the project:

IguanaCMS born because I am a web programmer and an enthusiast of the old school BASIC languages, and because VBscript started to get old and ASP (active server pages) was outdated long time ago. Let's clear something: I don't like VB.Net, and even worse, I don't like to code in C style (PHP, Java, etc) all I want is BASIC, and then I discovered FreeBasic in 2010, I was happy.

Since the first moment I got attracted by the -langqb option, so please don't get mad if you see an old fashioned basic syntax, in fact on the road I changed sometimes to chipmunkbasic, and then back to freebasic.

At the beginning the info about CGI (Common Gateway Interface) was limited to few very ancient pdf documents around there, but the answers to my questions was indeed in those documents, and then, starting from the scratch (understand scratch as a blank notepad file, zero coding, because almost nobody had a decent example) I coded the first of the function, and took me about 2 years (late 2012) to get a HTML form well processed, and at the next year I got a template engine fully working.

Now, after some periods of inactivity due to external factors, I am glad to present the new improvements to my code, which are:

Improved algorithm (more faster and simpler)
Modular design (Extensible through modules)
Complete template engine (template interpreter)
Management of errors
Integrated static pages module
A huge Users module, which also includes:
*Processing HTTP cookies, both for setting and retrieving values
*User registration and login system, with server stored sessions
*Profile module to edit your own and see other users info

Things to do:

Crypt algorithms, I started a little MD5 implementation, but is not completed
Admin zone (some code already, but nonfunctional yet)
PATH_INFO for pretty url's support
Blog module for posting articles (and the ability for user posting)
Native freebasic file upload
E-Mail processing
File listing
Support for SSL/TLS

And others features that I don't remember at this time...

Currently the project is half-functional, I mean, you can setup a complete web page with dynamic content on it, but is very insecure and lacks many things you could find on other CMS as drupal or joomla

Here is a link where you can download the complete source code and the folder structure

Direct link: IguanaCMS download

4 shared: IguanaCMS.zip
Last edited by Julcar on Jun 09, 2017 0:40, edited 1 time in total.
ecxjoe

Re: IguanaCMS goes further

Post by ecxjoe »

Cool. I wanted to check it out, but that download site is a nightmare (wasn't able to download it, don't want to register). I would recommend putting it up on Github or Sourceforge.
Julcar

Post by Julcar »

Edited: see links in the first post :D
Last edited by Julcar on Jun 09, 2017 0:42, edited 1 time in total.
srvaldez

Post by srvaldez »

hello Julcar
you could upload to Google drive.
Julcar

Post by Julcar »

Done, I've applied the same process at my free webhost subdomain:

http://julcar.awardspace.biz/iguanacms/