FB debugger : 3.02 32/64 BIT WDS/LNX..... (2023/07/05)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
SARG

Re: FB debugger : 2.90 32/64 BIT ..... (oct 3th, 2015)

Post by SARG »

Hi Luis,

Sorry I was replying to TJF and it took a lot of time.

About "an occurence is already running" do you get that message after a reboot ? Check with the task manager if you could found several fbdebuggers running.

About the remain of closed procs perhaps a bug.It reminds me a bug normally fixed in december.
I'll try tomorrow to reproduce that. Send me (private message) only the exe it should be enough.

One thing : the number of recursive calls is limited. It's controlled but who knows.....

When you used "run to cursor" [C] if the line is not reached the debuggee doesn't stop and fbdebugger is busy. In this case use halt command [H].

Thank you for your efforts.
Luis Babboni

Post by Luis Babboni »

The version I downloaded of the FBEdit (1.06.8) do not have thats Quik/debug options, but have debug path option that seems more logical to me.... anyway do not runs right.
St_W

Post by St_W »

@Luis: try to look in taskmanager whether a hidden (gui-mode) copy of your application is still running in background. Look in "Processes" / "Details" tab in "Task Manager" and kill it.

For future reference I've put together some basic information to get started:
How to change compiler command line in FBedit: http://users.freebasic-portal.de/stw/fi ... FBedit.pdf
How to use FBdebugger: http://users.freebasic-portal.de/stw/fi ... bugger.pdf
Luis Babboni

Post by Luis Babboni »

Thanks St_W, going to your job right now!! :-)
Luis Babboni

Post by Luis Babboni »

I think I did as you said and seems all works but the Debugger shows me actually closed process and do not show me actual process running as in the image I adjointed before :-(
Luis Babboni

Post by Luis Babboni »

I have this structure:

Maingenerador set variable m and call subroutine muevepeon. when subroutine muevepeon ends, the execution line come back to maingenerador and go to Dibuja then to maingenerador again and from muevepeon another time...and so on.
Well, the Debugger right windows shows me all the muevepeon that was opened and closed, and Dibuja but not maingenerador as soon as I use run to cursor.
So I have no way to know the value of m.

The strange thing is that till yesterday I could do it without anyproblem because the actually closed muevepeon subroutines do not appear anymore and maingenerador appear all the time with m variable actualized each time other soubruoines changes its value (is shared by subroutines using ByRef.)

I did not change nothing in the program that in fact works without problem.... well, have problemas but are those that I need to find with Debugger and that are exclusevely problems of programming bugs.
MrSwiss

Post by MrSwiss »

Luis Babboni wrote:The version I downloaded of the FBEdit (1.06.8) do not have thats Quik/debug options
Luis, get yourself the latest "stable" Version of FBEdit first: FBEdit Version 1.0.7.6c

This is on the German FreeBASIC Site and "newer" than the Stuff on Source-Forge, Size: 2.94 MB, 2010 by Sebastian.
It is just the IDE without any Compiler! (The Compiler has to be downloaded separately!)
A lot of Quirks of 1.0.6.8 have been "sorted out", fixed ...
SARG

Post by SARG »

Hi all,

@St_w thanks for the docs, it's very helpfull for beginners.

@Luis send me your exe by private message. As I said previously it looks like a bug normally fixed in december.
Some closed procs are not removed and others not closed are removed....... It depends how the calls to procs are done.

Have you checked multiple running fbdebugger processes with the task manager ?
fxm

Post by fxm »

I think the same last version is also on sourceforge:
FBedit 1.0.7.6c
MrSwiss

Post by MrSwiss »

@fxm,

this (your Link), might be OK, but if you are going to look for FBEdit on sf.net
(by using their Search!)
, you'll get directed to the 1.0.6.8 Version Download,
which is "crappy" ... This is my Critique of SF.NET!!!

And your Link starts the Download directly, without Possibility of a Size/Version
Check ...
I personally don't like that sort of "Thing/Behaviour"! e.g.:
I want to know, "what I Download" in Advance!
Before the actual Download is started.
Luis Babboni

Post by Luis Babboni »

In the middle of all this I found again the 1.07.6c and I´m using this now with the same problem.
I´m going to send my .exe to SARG.

Thanks guys again!

PS: after all of last night I think it seems I was angry..... well, I was..... but of course with the situation as use to happens in this things, not of course with all your works that, as I said, before, i feel are working free for me!! :-)
Luis Babboni

Post by Luis Babboni »

SARG wrote: ...
Some closed procs are not removed and others not closed are removed....... It depends how the calls to procs are done.

Have you checked multiple running fbdebugger processes with the task manager ?
But I think I did not change nothing on the program and 2 days ago nothing like this happens, in fact I tried running the backups and heappens the same.

What is "task manager"?
SARG

Post by SARG »

The task manager shows all the processes running on your PC.
translation : Gestione attività Windows

Press CTRL/ALT/CANC then select the right option.

Extract from wikipedia https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gestione_ ... A0_Windows :
"In informatica Gestione attività Windows (fino a Windows XP era chiamato anche nella versione italiana del SO Windows Task Manager) è il gestore di processi sviluppato e distribuito da Microsoft Corporation e integrato nei sistemi operativi Windows[1].

Tradizionalmente il Task Manager di Windows è accessibile tramite il menù contestuale che appare premendo con il tasto destro del mouse sulla barra delle applicazioni, oppure premendo la tradizionale combinazione di tasti della tastiera CTRL-ALT-CANC[2].

Il software è stato introdotto con le prime versioni di Windows 9x, e tuttora viene integrato nei nuovi sistemi operativi Microsoft: quando un'applicazione non accetta più nessun segnale di input ovvero va in blocco o stallo si può terminare la sua attività manualmente tramite la gestione attività del task manager."
Luis Babboni

Post by Luis Babboni »

SARG wrote:The task manager shows all the processes running on your PC.
translation : Gestione attività Windows

Press CTRL/ALT/CANC then select the right option.
LOL, for me thats "task manager" allways was just: "Control-Alt-Del" !! :-D

Too "street programming learning"* :-D

*: I learned Basic with the manual of my Sinclair Spectrum in 1985 and that´s, with little assembler for the same micromachine, are my all programming background :-D

You returned me my PM with no words but a modified .exe?
Luis Babboni

Post by Luis Babboni »

It seems is clearly that bug you said, not killed closed process and killed not closed process.
Recently I need to go far in number of cycles, 187000, and as is logical, the Debugger crash I guess cause the big number of not closed process that in fact are closed.