Errors compiling qbasic program

New to FreeBASIC? Post your questions here.
bob

Errors compiling qbasic program

Post by bob »

I get a bunch of errors when I compile a 2 page Qbasic compatible program. I used both the default and -lang qb options. Then I tried a very short basic program and it got an error. It didn't like print#8, even though it was happy with the open statement. I ran the program with Qbasic to make sure it was compatible. I am using an ancient 16 bit compiler that has always been compatible with Qbasic. What am I doing wrong?
sancho2

Re: Errors compiling qbasic program

Post by sancho2 »

What am I doing wrong
You are not posting any code. That is what you are doing wrong.
St_W

Post by St_W »

Please share more details about the problem, otherwise I fear we cannot help. For example: error messages, compiler & compiler version, source code (or a useful excerpt of it), your system configuration (OS, version, ), ...
counting_pine
Site Admin

Post by counting_pine »

Hi bob, welcome to the forum.
From what you've said, it could be that the error you're getting is a syntax error on 'print#8'. If you change it to 'print #8', I expect that would work.

Otherwise, if you can post a sample of code that doesn't work, we can look at it and see if we can find any problems.
To post a block of code, paste it within [code]...[/code] tags, which preserve things like indentation and whitespace.