Relsoft needs help.

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
Dr_D

Relsoft needs help.

Post by Dr_D »

Hey guys. I'm just going to say this bluntly because that's the way this kinda $%#@ develops.

Relsoft is selling off everything he owns to pay for medical bills because his wife has cervical cancer.

I've started a page to try and help.

If there is anything you can do, please donate.

https://www.gofundme.com/helping-relsoft-and-his-family
Last edited by Dr_D on Mar 17, 2017 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
vdecampo

Re: Relsoft needs help.

Post by vdecampo »

This link doesn't take me to the campaign. It just takes me to my GoFundMe log in. See if there is a link to share the campaign.

-Vince
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

Crap. Sorry. I accidentally posted the link to my dashboard.
Thanks. Please try it now.
vdecampo

Post by vdecampo »

Great. Works now.
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

Thank you, vdecampo. :)
dafhi

Post by dafhi »

I did a bit of research on cancer. Cancer likes an acidic system. Quick major health boost: Be mindful to breathe deeply once in a while.
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

dafhi wrote:I did a bit of research on cancer. Cancer likes an acidic system. Quick major health boost: Be mindful to breathe deeply once in a while.
I don't want to sound selfish, but because I'm worried about my own kids, can I please see that research? I really don't feel like digging through pages, but since you already have, can you post some links? I don't know how much anyone can do to stop it... I would like to see though. Maybe it can help others. I heard the opposite... an acidic system deters cancer. That's what makes me so curious.
dafhi

Post by dafhi »

[update] as proposed method (baking soda) I discuss in this post isn't something I normally do, it's not something I endorse. I'll leave what I typed for posterity

ph and cancer

oxygen therapy

if you look on youtube you might find stuff on baking soda cure.
it's like this: 1 tsp in 1 gal. water. drink throughout week.

of course, do your own research :)
Last edited by dafhi on Sep 30, 2017 3:04, edited 1 time in total.
caseih

Post by caseih »

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties facing Relsoft and his family. Thank you sharing.

As for talk about ph and baking soda and such, I remind everyone that there is no evidence whatsoever to support such a claim. It's fraud, not science. Recently a fake doctor was arrested in California for claiming treat cancer with IV injections of baking soda solution. Unfortunately he was only partially convicted for this fraud. http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdu ... story.html. I realize that people facing cancer often feel like they have nothing to lose (which may or may not be the case), but spreading this kind of quackery is not doing anyone any favors. Anyway, I don't wish to inject antagonism into this discussion. There so much crockery and fake news these days and folks really are being misled in many areas. It's important to speak out.
dafhi

Post by dafhi »

the ph thing might be true, but i'll just say that in the last 25 years, i've had at most $900 (i live in US) in medical expenses.
relsoft

Post by relsoft »

Hi guys,
Thank you very much for all the help.

Didn't expect this much love from you guys.

What you gave would really help a lot. I feel a lot better now.

Again, thanks for all the love and help. I don't really know what to say since a "Thank You" isn't really enough.

Rel
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

Hey guys. I just wanted to update you all on this. We have met and even surpassed the goal! We are now in the process of transferring funds. Live long and prosper! :)
owen

Post by owen »

It is an honor to be part of the Freebasic community. To see humanity and compasion like this puts the Freebasic community one step up above the rest in my book.
counting_pine
Site Admin

Post by counting_pine »

Wow, that's great news!
Thanks Anonymous Donor, for your $2000 contribution!
bcohio2001

Post by bcohio2001 »

While I, as well as many other members, could not financially help. Just wanted to let Relsoft know that he and his family were in my thoughts and prayers.