I'm Having a PROBLEM *SOLVED*

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
datwill310

Re: I'm Having a PROBLEM

Post by datwill310 »

Plasma wrote:Yes, the shutdown or reboot would be a sign the PSU is being overloaded and needs to be upgraded.
Yes, definitely! My dad has a Windows 8.1 laptop, and certain process cause this! I DON'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN TO MY COMPUTER. I'm not gonna take the risk: besides, I've already got a better PSU now anyway.
Boromir

Post by Boromir »

datwill310 wrote:
Plasma wrote:Yes, the shutdown or reboot would be a sign the PSU is being overloaded and needs to be upgraded.
Yes, definitely! My dad has a Windows 8.1 laptop, and certain process cause this! I DON'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN TO MY COMPUTER. I'm not gonna take the risk: besides, I've already got a better PSU now anyway.

I believe plasma stated that your new card should work nicely with you old psu. I've been doing some research on PSUs and have learned that many cheaper PSUs have poor amperage and a non steady flow. I believe that is what I must have bought and now I am suffering for it.
datwill310

Post by datwill310 »

--Final Update--

Thanks for all your help. We have successfully installed both a Nvidia GeForce GT 710 2GB card and the new PSU, and everything is working good. No more lags for the games I can play!

Thanks again!