WHO managed to take the WEB-Site down?

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
fxm

Re: WHO managed to take the WEB-Site down?

Post by fxm »

fxm wrote:
fxm wrote:But for the new wiki, I see only less well (referring also to other faults described above)!
2 examples among those catastrophic for tables:
TblVarTypes
OpPrecedence
dkl,

I see that you have well repaired the first table. Thank you.
Can you do something about the second?
dkl
Site Admin

Post by dkl »

Yea, the {{table}} parsing is broken... It looks like special chars like & < > are escaped as & < > internally before parsing the ; cell delimiters, thus there are extra cells due to the extra semi-colons. Time to write some PHP again.

Edit: Allright, should be better now: https://github.com/freebasic/fbwikka/co ... 30cd841415
fxm

Post by fxm »

Thanks.

What to do to the other two points not solved:
fxm wrote:
fxm wrote:In the new wiki (ex wiki2), the note for change is limited to much less characters than previously!
And in addition the number of characters kept is even smaller than that edited on the line!
This is really painful when one updates the wiki!
(you never know in advance how many characters will be considered)
fxm wrote:@dkl,

Thank you to work on the wiki problems.

fxm wrote:...for example, when editing inside a paragraph, insert a fully blank line (without indentation) does not produce a line break at display, unlike the old wiki. Those already existing with an indentation are well displayed.
One should have to add indentation to each fully blank line inside paragraph!

For each page of documentation, one should completely check the formatting (line breaks, indentation, ...) and correct if necessary.
I think there is no risk in only adding indentations on existing lines (blank or not blank).
For this particular problem, do you think that a solution might be possible at the wiki level itself, or will we have to manually add the correct indentation for each concerned line so that wiki understands that the line break is requested?

If the only solution is to edit manually each concerned page, I can take this work load:
- Checking indentation for line breaks requested but not applied by wiki.
Last edited by fxm on Mar 12, 2016 13:04, edited 2 times in total.
dkl
Site Admin

Post by dkl »

I've increased the edit note message length limits to 200 chars in the wiki and in the database, that should help.
fxm

Post by fxm »

fxm wrote:2.
fxm wrote:@dkl,

Thank you to work on the wiki problems.

fxm wrote:...for example, when editing inside a paragraph, insert a fully blank line (without indentation) does not produce a line break at display, unlike the old wiki. Those already existing with an indentation are well displayed.
One should have to add indentation to each fully blank line inside paragraph!

For each page of documentation, one should completely check the formatting (line breaks, indentation, ...) and correct if necessary.
I think there is no risk in only adding indentations on existing lines (blank or not blank).
For this particular problem, do you think that a solution might be possible at the wiki level itself, or will we have to manually add the correct indentation for each concerned line so that wiki understands that the line break is requested?

If the only solution is to edit manually each concerned page, I can take this work load:
- Checking indentation for line breaks requested but not applied by wiki.
For now, when I update a page, I take the opportunity to reformat too.