Essentially, Leaving the Community.

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
thesanman112

Post by thesanman112 »

...here...here...
thesanman112

Re: Essentially, Leaving the Community.

Post by thesanman112 »

9 years....holy moly...
Tourist Trap

Post by Tourist Trap »

thesanman112 wrote:9 years....holy moly...
Happy birthday mister.
leopardpm

Post by leopardpm »

so sad! I have learned alot from your help and code. Thank you for every post you have made - it has improved the life and enjoyment of many others. I wish you the best in your endeavors and hope you come around again from time to time... good luck with that craziness that is... real life!
sancho2

Post by sancho2 »

Always check the dates Leopard.... Always.
leopardpm

Post by leopardpm »

lol - I checked the date of the last post... guess it was a necro post also... my bad - thought I have seen anonymous1337 around since 2008!
sancho2

Post by sancho2 »

Good on you.
I've got to think that he must surely appreciate the kind words.
thesanman112

Post by thesanman112 »

Prichard was around since freebasic began.....with v1ctor...i believe thats the username....i myself have been around since ti-994a......ive used every basic interpreture ever created by man.....hehehe even sanyo basic...ive been looking to see whos still hacking away!!! Would love to find some of dr_d's source...hahahahha
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

thesanman112 wrote:Prichard was around since freebasic began.....with v1ctor...i believe thats the username....i myself have been around since ti-994a......ive used every basic interpreture ever created by man.....hehehe even sanyo basic...ive been looking to see whos still hacking away!!! Would love to find some of dr_d's source...hahahahha
Hey man. How are you? It's been a while, aye? There is some of my old stuff here, if you wanna play around with it. The German FreeBASIC site was kind enough to host it for me. :)
thesanman112

Post by thesanman112 »

has it ever...Ive been away for ten years. Hope all is good, I started to play around with ROBLOX studio believe it or not about a month ago,first time programming in 10 years,and I got curious to see if anyone was still hacking away with freebasic(games). If anything went BIG TIME!!!...hehehe
I don't remember a damn thing....HAHAHAHA but started playing with lesson10 in opengl examples...
thesanman112

Post by thesanman112 »

wheres the source to fbkart so I can get it running on my laptop...hehehehe maybe I can figure out a good export for roblox mesh's!!!
thesanman112

Post by thesanman112 »

I should have all my own work from 10 years ago saved on cd....I may dig it up one day.
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

thesanman112 wrote:has it ever...Ive been away for ten years. Hope all is good, I started to play around with ROBLOX studio believe it or not about a month ago,first time programming in 10 years,and I got curious to see if anyone was still hacking away with freebasic(games). If anything went BIG TIME!!!...hehehe
I don't remember a damn thing....HAHAHAHA but started playing with lesson10 in opengl examples...
Well, I'm happy to report that Joe King is currently working on a game that will probably get Greenlit on Steam, if it hasn't already. The game is called, Toad on Fire. It's a really cool retro top-down scroller, involving a really Π$/- off frog. :p You really should check it out. Here's a link to a video of the gameplay. Not sure if it's the most recent. In any event, we are very proud of him. :)

sir_mud and I have started a small company called, HMC-Soft. Below, is a link to a video of our latest game project, which is open beta. I don't want to blab about it too much because it isn't a FreeBASIC game. Anyway, here's a promotional video for that game, if you'd like to check it out. :)
thesanman112

Post by thesanman112 »

the bloosh videos look awesome, love the graphics, and being in construction myself it actually makes a connection!!! hahahah GREAT WORK!!
thesanman112

Post by thesanman112 »

for kicks...I was watching a video from a side scroller built with the unreal engine...looks pretty awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77bPZLWb2y0

I don't know anything about it, just that it caught my eye.