Kaverna Mortal Demo - Adventure Point & Click

Post by CrisDEV »

Here is the links to screenshots of game:
http://www.intelectometal.com.br/img/screenshot1.jpg
http://www.intelectometal.com.br/img/screenshot2.jpg
http://www.intelectometal.com.br/img/screenshot3.jpg
http://www.intelectometal.com.br/img/screenshot4.jpg

------------------------ Updated 16 jan 2017 -----------------------------
I finished the game. Thanks for all the help.
The FreeBasic community is very great and cool, thanks.
I created a website to the game, the full version, screenshots, and videos is in: http://www.intelectometal.com.br

Download the demo version!
http://www.intelectometal.com.br/sub/downloadkmdemo.php

File size is: 14.MB

If anyone need help or a freelancer my new e-mail is: cristianosimaodeveloper@gmail.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi my friends developers over the world.
I started this project in May this year (2016) today I have the demo to share with you.

This is a very short intro of game only for test purpose.
I need the help of any people with Windows system (future I will release for Linux) for test the game.

The simple test is :
The game run in your system?
The antivirus blocked the game?
The music play?
The sound effects play?
You can quit the game and start again?

The Win 98, XP, Win 7 should not have problem. But in the Win 8.1 (64 bit) I have found a problem... (A infinite loop) but I did the correction in the code, but I not tested because I don't have this system. So if any of you can test I will be very thankful.

System requirements is very basic: Windows system, 128 MB RAM, 15MB HD, monitor resolution 1280x720 or big (very big resolutions will show a black border in the screen, low resolutions will crop the image)

Any trouble post here or send a e-mail to:
cristianossentretenimento@gmail.com

Very very Thanks to all developers of FreeBasic community and Happy Merry Christmas!
Last edited by CrisDEV on Jan 24, 2017 19:42, edited 2 times in total.
sancho2

Re: Kaverna Mortal Demo - Adventure Point & Click

Post by sancho2 »

Windows 10
  • "The game run in your system?", Yes
    "The antivirus blocked the game?", NA
    "The music play?", Yes
    "The sound effects play?", Yes
    "You can quit the game and start again?", Yes
Looks interesting. A little clunky when I died (I wasn't sure what was happening.
Suggestions:
That slow typing in message box will drive a player insane. Speed it up or let the player bypass it (the one character at time thing) with a key stroke.
Let me use my keyboard please. I hate mouse only. I should be able to face left/right using arrow keys or asdw. Even better if you let me configure what keys do what.
BasicCoder2

Post by BasicCoder2 »

On windows 7.
Anti virus warned not to download.
So what does it do?
Why the mouse cursor of gears?
All that happened was another still image with text saying the character comes to a bad end.
Another still image of I assume blood. End of Story?
Maybe you need a set of instructions and an explanation of the game at the start?
CrisDEV

Post by CrisDEV »

Very very thanks sancho2 and BasicCoder2.

- This demo is only for test if the game will run in various systems. The intro and 90% of game was removed, because this you can not understand the history of
game. My idea is create a website for sell the game for ($2,50 dollar approximate).

- The basic game play remember the Broken Sword Point & click games.
The lens you only observe the area.
The gear you will interact with the object.
The hand you pick up items. (not used in the demo)

- In the bottom of screen you have your inventory.

- The messages you can speed up by clicking in the message area.

- The "walk system" remember Myst. You see the scenario in first person view, and can move to left, right, front if the blue arrows permit.

- The problems with antivirus I think is in part because the Software is not made by "official Microsoft SDK", because my program is not famous, because Inno Setup (the software for packaging the setup) compress the files making hard to antivirus see the content.
I sent my file to http://www.virustotal.com and nothing wrong was found.
My PC here I had to uninstall the PSafe antivirus because my simple "Hello Word" in FreeBasic is reported as virus.
And all the antivirus that report my game as virus (false positive) I will send the file to developers to correct the data base and make a update to antivirus not report anymore.

Thanks my friends.
Now waiting for Windows 8 tests.
I like receive opinions of everyone.
Peter W

Post by Peter W »

System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Monitor: 1280x1024

Game comments:
Pressing [Esc] during the game takes you back to the windows desktop.
It would be better to take you back to the games "Start menu" or if viewing a dialogue box then pressing [Esc] should delete the dialogue box to continue the game.

Each time the game is run you are asked for the language.
It would be better to save this setting to speed things up, as you can always change the language in the options.

Music and sound effects both work and volume settings for each also work.

Install comments:
Install path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaverna Mortal Demo\KavernaMortalDemo.exe"

Note: the log file is not in the program directory.
On my computer it is in "C:\Users\Office\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Kaverna Mortal Demo\"
Where "Office" is my user name on my test computer.
I have discovered with my own programming that Windows 10 (and Windows 7) have some unusual file practices.
Windows 10 does not like creating files in the "\Program Files (x86)\" or the "\Program Files\" directory after installation but it will allow a file to be modified.

If you want to have the log file and config files in the program directory then create the files during the installation process.
If you chose a custom folder during installation which is not in the "\Program Files (x86)\" or the "\Program Files\" then all the game config files are created within the game folder.

Using the default installation, when the game is run the "C:\Users\Office\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Kaverna Mortal Demo\" contains:
a "log.txt" file
a "Data2" folder with "cod.dat" file
a "Data3" folder with "A.dat" and B.dat" files
Uninstalling your program does not remove the files from this directory.
This may be an issue with the Install/Uninstall program not being compatable with Windows 10.
These files still remain when installed and uninstalled from a custom directory.

You have made a good start, I hope you are able to continue to completion.
CrisDEV

Post by CrisDEV »

Very thanks Peter W.
You made a report like a professional tester and programmer.

- The Esc key is for rapid quit. The "normal" quit is in the "door logo" in right bottom of menu inventory.

- The information you posted about system path of Windows 10 is very important not only for me, but for all programmers.
- The log file is only for demo version. If anything goes wrong I have how to discover the problem using this file.

- The uninstall files problem is a missing line in the "Inno Setup" program that I use to make the installer. I will correct this.

Thanks one more time.
CrisDEV

Post by CrisDEV »

Finally I finished , I updated the first post.
Now the game have a website: http://www.intelectometal.com.br
Lachie Dazdarian

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

I think you demo offers too little content, to warrant a purchase. At least for me.

I think you should start with some quality freeware projects, to gain an audience, before starting with commercial releases.
CrisDEV

Post by CrisDEV »

Thanks.